No. 4 Recruit Depot RAAF
From Our Contribution
On 1 Mar 1940 the No. 4 Recruit Depot was formed at Pearce in Western Australia with the function of running recruit drill or basic discipline courses. In July 1942 the uit relocated to Busselton where from 1 Jul 1943 it also had an operational base detachment to service, maintain and refuel aircraft that went on coastal patrols from there.
The last entry in the Unit History Record was made on 30 September 1945.
- Oswald Francis Williams 26 Dec 1944 - 14 Jun 1945
- John Harold Garnett 18 Apr - 20 May 1940
- † Edward Watling 1 Jul - 17 Aug 1940
- Maxwell Kenneth Ottaway 28 Aug - 10 Oct 1940
- † John Gordon Nicholson 11 Sep - 20 Sep 1940
- Oswald Francis Williams 23 Jan - 10 Mar 1941
Content has come from Units of the Royal Australian Air Force - A Concise History - Volume 8 Training Units - Australian Government Publishing Service - 1995