No. 1 Embarkation Depot RAAF
From Our Contribution
Six Embarkation Depots, later known as Personnel Depots, were established by the RAAF during World War 2. The principal function of these Depots was to house personnel awaiting embarkation for overseas posts and to ensure that, before departure, they were medically and dentally fit, vaccinated, inoculated and properly equipped.
No. 1 Embarkation Depot was established at Ransford, Melbourne. In April 1944 the unit's name changed to No. 1 Personnel Depot.
Personnel proceeding overseas
- † Ernest Ronald William Oliver 27 May - 2 Jun 1943
- John Harold Garnett 26 Feb - 3 Mar 1942 Sent to Northern territory
Source of information - Units of the Royal Australian Airforce - A Concise History - Vol 9 Ancillary Units - Australian Government Publishing Service - 1995