From Our Contribution
Owned by the Peninsular and Oriental Steamship Navigation Company between 1915 and 1932. Initially used as a troop ship between England, Egypt and Salonika from 1915 - 1918 after which she was converted toa Hospital Ship from 1918 - 1919.
Refitted as a hospital ship and dispatched to North Russia in October 1918, after a 12-day voyage she arrived in Archangel. There she acted as a temporary base hospital for British, Canadian, French, Italian, Chinese and Russian sick and wounded. she remaine don station throughout the winter before returning to Leith in June 1919. She was scrapped in Japan in 1932.
Alexandria to Mudros 18 -23 October 1915
- Victor Thomas Emanuel Compassi
- George Chistopher Dalziell DCM
- William (Bill) Hart
- Angus Lindt
- † Ernest Edward Lockhart
- Harold V Marshall