From Our Contribution
A French passenger ship built for Societe Generale de Transports Maritimes built in 1911. Used by the French on their South America service, in 1915 she was lent to the British Admiralty to use as a Hospital Ship, managed by the Union-Castle Mail Steam Ship Company. She operated as a Hospial Ship from 29 Nov 1914 until 22 Dec 1919. Medical personnel aboard included 6 Officers, 12 Nurses and 60 other ranks.
In late 1919 she was returned to her owners, and returned to the South American service to Buenos Aires. She was scrapped at Savona in 1933.