From Our Contribution
|Builder/Built||1905 Workman Clark at Belfast|
Owned by the Penisular and Oriental Steam Navigation Coy. Acted as a Hospital Ship from 14 Jan 1914 to 19 Mar 1918. Staffed by 6 Medical Officers, 12 Nurses and 45 others staff it was fitted with 287 cots and 210 berths. In 1915 it was used as a Hospital Ship for the Dardanells, and in 1919 as the SS Delta it repatriated Australian troops before being refitted for normal commercial work. 1919 sold for scrap.