From Our Contribution
Commissioned into the Navy on 30 Sep 1940, and used as a tender to the anti-submarine training establishment at HMAS Rushcutter. She spent the war in eastern Australian waters, mainly off the NSW coast , but she did venture as far north as Townsville.
From June 1942 she was used as a convoy escort vessel, and in March 1943 she was used as a seagoing radar training ship. On 23 Nov 1945 she was de-commissioned in Fremantle, and returned to her owners on 25 Mar 1946. Sold to Panamanian interests in 1957, and later re-sold to a company in Singapore, she departed Fremantle under tow in early 1958
Guns: 1 x 4-inch gun; 1 x 2-pounder gun; 2 machine guns Other Armament 2 depth charge throwers
- Arthur Edward Pries 27 Feb - 25 Aug 1945