9th Australian Motor Ambulance Convoy
From Our Contribution
The 9th Australian Motor Ambulance Convoy was formed in March 1942 at Rosehill in Sydney before relocating to Ingleburn while waiting for their vehicles. In May they moved to Victoria Park and from here they serviced medical units in the Sydney metropolitan area. In September 1942 they moved to Kelvin Grove to service the Brisbane area, and it was in January 194=3 that they were transferred to the Australian Army Service Corps.
In September 1943 B Platoon moved to Townsville while the rest of the unit moved to Grovely from where they handled all ambulance task for south Queensland until the end of the war.
- John Alfred Vernon Hanbury 23 Jun 1944 - 30 Aug 1945
Content has come from The Unit Guide - Volume 4 - The Australian Army 1939-1945, page 4.166 - Graham R McKenzie-Smith - Big Sky Publishing - 2018