4th Australian Ambulance Car Platoon
From Our Contribution
Originally known as the 4th Australian Ambulance Car Company, the unit was authorised in January 1942, with a Headquarters and one section raised at Karrakatta in March. In May they became as AASC unit, servicing medical units in the Perth/Fremantle area. It is possible that they never expanded beyond a single platoon, but in any case in May 1945 they were recognised as the 4th Australian Ambulance Car Platoon with a base at Salters Point from where they worked until the end of the war.