2nd RAE Training Centre
From Our Contribution
Formed originally as the 5th Military District Engineer Training Depot at Ascot in October 1940 it was used to train reinforcements for 2nd AIF units as well as for CMF units. In January 1942 they moved to Narrogin and in March to Northam. May 1942 saw them renamed as WA Line of Communication Area Engineer Training Depot. Although engineer training units were concentrated at Kapooka in August 1942, due to isolation, the WA unit was retained and in April renamed 2nd RAE Training Centre. The need for such a unit declined as the number of troops in WA declined, and the unit was disbanded in August 1943.
- Vivienne Dittman 14 Dec 1042 - 1 Aug 1943
- Edward John Murphy 6 July 1942 - 28 Jul 1943
- Allan Denman Baldwin 4 - 16 Apr 1943
- William Leslie Roberts ?? Sep - 30 Apr 1943
Content has come from The Unit Guide - Volume 3 - The Australian Army 1939-1945, page 3.611 - Graham R McKenzie-Smith - Big Sky Publishing - 2018