2nd Australian Army Ordnance Corps Training Centre
From Our Contribution
Originally titled Western Command Training Depot AAOC', the unit was established at Bushmead in Perth's hills in mid-1941 before being renamed Western Command Line of Communication Training Depot AAOC in May 1942. The unit moved to Northam in mid-1942 to join all the other training units administered by the WA Line of Communications HQ. In Feb 1943 the unit moved again, this time to Guildford where they formed the 2nd AEME Training Centre.
When AAOC training was centralised at Hume in Victoria in March 1943, the WA depot was retained because of distance, and renamed 2nd AAOC Training Depot within the WA Training Centre. In May their title changed to 2nd AAOC Training Centre. However, by this time there were very few recruits coming forward, and most units had left Western Australia so the unit was closed in September 1943 and all future AAOC recruits were then trained at Hume.
- Derrick Leonard Saw 30 Mar - 15 Oct 1943
Content has come from The Unit Guide - Volume 5 - The Australian Army 1939-1945, page 5.449 - Graham R McKenzie-Smith - Big Sky Publishing - 2018