13th Australian Army Troops Company

From Our Contribution


Brief History

5th Workshop & Park Company was formed at the Melbourne Showgrounds in October 1939, and then moved to Caulfield in mid-1940 and then to Royal Park in late 1940, eventually settling at St Kilda in June 1941. Their role was to man engineer stores dumps around Victoria. In July 1942 they were restructured as 13th Australian Army Troops Company and they then moved to Coburg in August 1942. A year later, in August 1943, they moved to the RAE Training Centre at Kapooka in New South Wales where after another restructure in April 1944 they emerged as the 13th Australian Workshop & Park Company. In July they moved to Dinmore in Queensland and in October 1944 to Lae in New Guniea where they operated the main engineer stores depot and workshops during the final stages of the New Guinea Campaign. In 1945 they dispatched Advanced Park Platoons to Aitape, Wewak and Jacquinot Bay.

Unit Personnel


Content has come from The Unit Guide - Volume 3 - The Australian Army 1939-1945, page 3.508 & 3.509 - Graham R McKenzie-Smith - Big Sky Publishing - 2018

External Links