115th Australian General Hospital
From Our Contribution
c1942 Afternoon tea on the lawn accessed from Shrine of Remembrance website photo courtesy AWM
|Name||115th Australian General Hospital|
During the period 13 Mar 1941 and 19 May 1947 the 115th AGH was located on campus of the Austin Hospital at Heildelberg in north eastern Melbourne. The 6th RAAF Hospital was also located there. In 1947 the 115th AGH was handed over to the Repatriation Commission to become the Repatriation General Hospital Heidelberg.
A the conclusion of the war,the 115th AGH included a psychiatric unit to deal with the increasing number of men suffering what we now know to be PTSD.
- Bessie Christina Ellen Taylor Mar 1942 - 25 Jan 1943