107th Australian General Hospital
From Our Contribution
Raised at Puckapunyal in June 1940 as Camp Hospital Puckapunyal, in February 1941 it was expanded to become the 107th Australian General Hospital. They were dispersed, operating three camp hospitals across northern Victoria. In April 1943 they were relieved, and in May they had moved to Adelaide River in the Northern Territory.
As the number of troops in the Northern Territory reduced, so did the need for medical units and the hospital moved to Berrimah in November 1944, leaving behind a detachment at Adelaide River until March 1945 when it rejoined the parent unit. In May 1945 the hospital absorbed the 39th Hospital Laundry Unit, and it remained in operation at Berrimah until the war ended.
During its operation, three of its personnel died, two due to illness and one by accident (drowning).
1939 Caulfield, Victoria
- Thomas Douglas Bevan 17 Dec 1939 - 12 Jan 1940
1941 Puckapunyal, Victoria
- Lawrence Gerald McDonough 14 - 17 Dec 1941
1942 Darley, Victoria
- Edward Charles Vickers 9 - 13 May 1942