Western Command Training Depot AAMC
From Our Contribution
The Western Command Training Depot AAMC at Northam existed periodically during 1940-1941, training AIF personnel for medical units before it was called up for full time duty in December 1941. In May 1942 they were renamed Western Australian Lines of Communication Area Training Depot AAMC, and again in November 1942 when it became the 10th AAMC Training Company. They were again renamed in March 1943 to a name that clashed with an existing unit in Victoria, namely 3rd AAMC Training Battalion. The following month this was corrected with the unit now known as 3rd AAMC Training Company.
In October 1943 AAMC training was centralised at Darley in Victoria with the 3rd AAMC Training Company moving there to be disbanded.
Content has come from The Unit Guide - Volume 4 - The Australian Army 1939-1945, page 4.224 - Graham R McKenzie-Smith - Big Sky Publishing - 2018