3rd Australian Camp Hospital
From Our Contribution
Originally established in June 1940 as a camp dressing station with 150 beds, it was manned by whichever medical unit was in camp at the time. In August 1941 1st Camp Hospital, Northern Command was formed as a permanent unit to take over the running of the dressing station. In September 1941 the unit was renamed Camp Hospital Enoggera. In June 1942 all camp hospitals were re-organised with the unit now becoming known as 3rd Australian Camp Hospital. They continued to operate at Enoggera until the end of the war.
Content has come from The Unit Guide - Volume 4 - The Australian Army 1939-1945, page 4.126 - Graham R McKenzie-Smith - Big Sky Publishing - 2018