Difference between revisions of "Arthurs Battery"
From Our Contribution
(Created page with "{{Infobox | name = 802nd Anti Aircraft/Coast Artillery Battery | title = | above = | subheader = | image = [[File:]] | caption...") |
(→External Links) |
||
Line 34: | Line 34: | ||
− | [[Category:Militia Units | + | [[Category:Militia Units ww2]] |
Revision as of 18:47, 19 January 2021
[[File:]] | |
Brief History
Established in 1906 with two six inch guns at Arthurs Head overlooking the Fremantle port entrance, a late 1940 re-organisation of coast defence, it was manned by a mix of permanent military personnel and militiamen, it was known as Arthur Battery. In late 1942 the large guns were moved to a new battery site at Buckland Hill in Mosman Park. In February 1943 the site became known as Leighton Battery. Meanwhile the smaller guns from Arthurs Head moved to a new Harbour Battery.
From early 1943 VDC soldiers from F Company, 3rd VDC Battalion
Unit Personnel
- Violet Whitehouse 6 Sep 1944 - 9 Apr 1945
Notes