3rd RAAF Hospital
From Our Contribution
Formed on 15 Oct 1940 at RAAF Base Richmond, NSW. A collection of buildings, which included the previous station sick quarters, provided a bed capacity of 34, an outpatient section and a dental section. Manning was initially 12 officers, five nurses, one warrant officer and 32 other ranks. Expansion and additions to buildings and staff increased the bed capacity to 122 by the end or June 1941. In May 1942 the unit moved to Bradfield Park and towards the end or 1942 was again re-located to the Army General Hospital Concord. The bed capacity rose gradually to 500 by the end of 1945.
- † Frank Keith Morcombe DFC 10 - 29 Sep 1942