HMAS LST 3022
From Our Contribution
Revision as of 14:10, 18 January 2020 by Linton
Built for the British Navy who operated her during the war years. She was transferred to the Australian Navy in 1946 and was used by them until 1954. She could carry a maximum load of 168 troops, eighteen 40-ton tanks, 27 trucks, and seven Landing Craft Mechanized. In RAN service, LST 3022 was armed with four 40 mm Bofors in two twin mounts and six 20 mm Oerlikons in two twin and two single mounts.
Within a year of transferring to the RAN she was placed in reserve and not commissioned again before being sold to R.R. Coote in Jun 1950. Subsequently sold to the Queensland Cement and Lime Co, she was converted into the Dredge Coral
- Rowland Basil Devereux 11 Jul 1946 - 24 Nov 1946